Age 12-14 years: Core Lesson Plan
- I know what a flu vaccination is, why it is being offered and how it is given.
- Can I explain the difference between a cold and flu and why flu is more serious?
- I understand how vaccinations protect individuals from illnesses and also protect the community
- I understand the purpose of the flu vaccination programme
- Can I explain why some people might choose not to have vaccinations and why individuals (or parents) are asked to give their consent before being given a vaccination?
- I know the process for obtaining consent for the flu vaccination
- Can I explain how a flu vaccination is given?
- Sheet of paper for each group.
- Quiz questions on the IWB or a sheet for teacher to read.
- Quiz answer sheet for teacher.
- “Then and now” assessment sheet for each pupil – Student Worksheet 2.